List of forthcoming training courses and presentations.
- This event has passed.
Learn to love flies
27 June 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£5
If you’re interested in flies but never felt ready for a beginner’s ID workshop, then this day is for you!
It’s a day for people who are (or could be!) fascinated by flies but don’t know where to start with them. It’s a very gentle introduction to the world of flies and the art telling one type of fly from another.
- Come and see different types of live British flies
- Learn some of their names
- Learn how to tell a few of them apart
- Listen to some fascinating talks from a fly expert
- Find out what to do if you want to take your interest further
Most of the day will take place in the classroom, but if the weather is good, we will go outside to look for some interesting flies.
Please note that this course is an introductory course and absolutely no experience of flies is needed – just a passion for nature and learning more about wildlife that is often overlooked.