List of forthcoming training courses and presentations.
- This event has passed.
Field identification of flies
11 July 2018 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm£5
- introduced to fly ecology
- shown how to identify distinctive species and groups
- shown how to use a pooter and hand lens to look closely at living specimens
- practice identification techniques
- shown how to get help with identification of flies
- introduced to submitting fly records and the recording schemes of the Dipterists Forum
There will be classroom sessions and practice at identifying flies in the field. We will collect flies from Dinton Pastures Country Park and bring them back into the classroom for a closer look, before releasing them again.
Please note that this course is a course for beginners and absolutely no experience of flies is needed – just a passion for nature and learning more about wildlife that is often overlooked.